Play is crucial for children’s development! Children need play to grow and develop. Physical Therapy will assist your child in reaching their maximum potential to function independently. These include but are not limited to:
- Increasing strength, endurance, range of motion, balance, control of movement, and coordination
- Orthotic evaluations OR Bracing needs (AFO’s, SMO’s, inserts, etc)
- Gait training and higher level gross motor development
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Developmental activities, such as crawling and walking
- Instructing how to incorporate equipment into their lifestyles
Physical therapists not only work directly with the child, but also with the family, parents, caregivers, and teachers in order to educate and reinforce specific skills and behaviors which will be used to improve and facilitate the child’s performance and functioning.
Each child’s success is strongly dependent upon parental involvement. Therapy does not stop when the child leaves the clinic, but must be carried through to the home environment. Pediatric therapists specialize in working with parents and caregivers to ensure home programs are in place to make each child’s progress the best is can be!
HOW TO GET STARTED
If you have concerns about your child’s development, discuss those with your doctor and request a prescription for an occupational, speech, and/or physical therapy evaluation. Medicaid and private insurance may cover therapy. Private pay is also accepted.
ONEONTA OFFICE: 315 6th St S • Oneonta, AL + PHONE: 205.274.2244 + EMAIL: kneal@ALpediatrictherapy.com + HOURS: Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
RAINBOW CITY OFFICE: 3803 Rainbow Drive • Rainbow City, AL 35906 + PHONE: 256-459-5051 + HOURS: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM